Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blink Project




For the blink project we simply had to create a LED that blinks based on both digital and analog inputs. To do this I used a digital switch and a thermostat. The digital switch determined if the LED could even be on, that was a hard control.
The temperature control actually was a problem at first. I wanted the the LED to blink based on the change in temperature. Unfortunately the change in temperature was very low so it had to be scaled so that the amount of time the LED was on was noticeable. I also found that the project worked better when I took the ambient temperature at boot up and based all of the changes in temperature off of that. It can all be seen in the code.
The second main problem was more of a logistics problem. I foolishly did not cut a long enough piece of wire for power, although this did not cause a huge problem it made my wiring more confused. As you can see in the picture it looks like there is no power running from the board.

The main things I learned from this first project are that:
1. Hardware takes longer than software
2. Bring enough supplies for the project
3. Temperature sensors are not as much fun as I though

No comments: